Vulcanized belt splices by hot vulcanizing machine provide a method of joining the ends of conveyor belts without interrupting the continuity of the belt. The underlying principle is to establish flexible adhesion between the components of the two belt ends being joined in the splice.
The conveyor belt splicing equipment ( also called for splicing press, belt vulcanizer ) is a type of tool for hot jointing the heavy weight conveyor belts. The main components of the belt splicing equipment are made of high-strength aluminum alloy , which has small volume, light weight and convenient to assemble and disassemble. The electric control cabinet is manually and automatically integrated, and the pressure device is a plate type pneumatic structure.
The conveyor belt splicing equipment is widely used in metallurgical, chemical, metal mines, power plants, ports, docks industries. According to the technical data provided by this splicing equipment, the correct vulcanization and jointing can be carried out. The strength of the finished joint can reach more than 90% of the original belt. Not only the joint is smooth, it is almost the same as the original belt, and it can reduce the wear on the drum and extend the service life of conveyor and conveyor belts.
1. Vulcanization pressure: 1.0-2.0 MPa;
2. Vulcanization temperature: 145°C;
3. Difference in surface temperature of vulcanized plate: ± 5°C;
4. Heating up time ( at normal temperature to 145°C )<30 minutes;
5. Voltage: 220V/ 380V/415V/440V/480V/550V/660V, 50/60HZ, 3 Phases;
6. Temperature adjustment range: 0 to 199°C;
7. Timer adjustment range: 0 to 99 minutes.
The vulcanizer is composed of the following parts.
1. Cross beam;
3. Iron plates for cushion;
7.High-pressure soft pipe;
9. Heat-insulation plate;
10. Upper heating plates;
11. Secondary cable;
12. Electric control box;
13. Primary cable;
14. Down heating plates;
15. Hydraulic plates (please find Fig1 in detail)
1. Heating Plate: lightweight, portable, pressure and temperature uniformity;
2. Water Plate: high pressure can reach Max. 2.0 MPa (20 bars or 290 psi);
3. Cross Beam: lightweight & high tensile aluminum alloy;
Tips on How to improve the quality of the conveyor belt joints by conveyor belt splicing equipment
The quality of the conveyor belt joints directly affects the operation of the belt conveyor.
Efficiency, if the joints quality are not high, It is easy to cause accidents such as hollow, pull-off or breakage of the joint head.
After years of groping and summarizing, we basically solved the problem of joint quality.
Pay attention to the following problems when bonding:
1. Heavy load belt conveyors must use hot vulcanization method
2. The splice length of the joint should be 1600-1800mm, as shown in below figure
generally divided into four grades, each grade 400- 450 mm, each layer of depth differs by a layer of canvas, overlapped in the direction shown.
3. The vulcanization temperature is 145℃±5℃, vulcanization time control at 36-38 minuets, don’t over 40 minuets, otherwise, excessive vulcanization will occur.
4. After the rubber joint is roughed, it must be cleaned and fully dried.
5. It should be melt the glue and stored 12 hours in advance.